Carolina Viguet, Head of Communication & Partnerships, GCAF
Three years after its launch, the success of the Solidarity Bankers programme has confirmed the commitment of our employees and the Group’s desire to support projects with a social impact. Since 2018, the programme has included 28 missions launched in around fifteen countries with 19 organisations supported by the Grameen Crédit Agricole Foundation. 316 days of missions have been planned or carried out by 34 Solidarity Bankers.
An impact project with the Grameen Crédit Agricole Foundation
Launched by the Grameen Crédit Agricole Foundation and Crédit Agricole S.A. in 2018, Solidarity Bankers is a skills-based volunteer programme open to all Crédit Agricole Group employees, assisting microfinance institutions and high-impact businesses supported by the Foundation.
The objective of the “Solidarity Bankers” programme is twofold: it enables Crédit Agricole Group employees to enhance their skills and while providing additional support to microfinance institutions and partner companies of the Grameen Crédit Agricole Foundation. This is the first time that a partnership of this type has been launched by the Crédit Agricole Group.
Senegal, Morocco, Cambodia … a great success
Some emblematic missions of the programme :
- With the support of Crédit Agricole de Franche-Comté, a solidarity banker left for two years to help La Laiterie improve the structure of the dairy sector in Senegal. Another Crédit Agricole CIB solidarity banker left for two weeks to support KOSSAM SDE, a dairy subsidiary, in the rollout of a digital application. Other missions in support of La Laiterie are planned for 2022.
- A Solidarity Banker from Crédit Agricole S.A. carried out a mission in cooperation with Crédit du Maroc to improve the systems for combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism (AML-CFT) of the Al Karama Foundation, which offers microloans to low-income people in Morocco.
- In Cambodia, a Solidarity Banker left for two weeks, with the support of Crédit Agricole Val de France, to assist Cirque Phare (PPSE), a social enterprise that promotes the inclusion and empowerment of young people through Cambodian culture and arts, in improving its financial management and organisational structure.
“There is no doubt this experience exceeded my expectations, both in terms of the mission carried out and on a human level.” Olivier Mancini, Collections Manager at Crédit Agricole du Languedoc, who carried out a mission in September 2021 supporting OXUS in Tajikistan. Read about his experience here.
“I especially remember a warm welcome and great encounters.” Andreas Brunner, Internal Audit Supervisor at Crédit Agricole Assurances, who carried out a mission in October 2021 supporting OXUS in Kyrgyzstan. Read about his experience here.
Missions to be filled
Some missions are still to be filled and others are being planned for 2022 :
- AML-CFT” mission supporting SEF in South Africa
- A “Digital Strategy mission supporting OXUS in Kyrgyzstan
- AML-CFT mission supporting Bimas in Kenya
With this programme, the Crédit Agricole Group is strengthening its Societal Project alongside the Grameen Crédit Agricole Foundation in order to promote more inclusive finance.
You can find more information on the missions here.
To apply, send your CV and a motivational paragraph to Carolina Viguet : email@example.com